An historic area of Dudley Park Cemetery set within the bounds of Caroline Square, which formed part of the original plan for the village of Islington.
Caroline Square was also the site of the Primitive Methodist Chapel, School, established in 1845 with burial grounds established in 1864.
At the 150th anniversary celebration of this historical event, a flowering Bauhinia (Orchid Tree) was planted. With the memorials to our colonial founders placed nearby, Caroline Gardens is an historical focal point in the cemetery.
Golden and Claret Ash trees border the garden, and flowering shrubs set among the memorials add colour to this classically designed lawn area. This is complemented by the tranquillity of the nearby Children’s Memorial Garden.
Three styles of memorialisation are available in this lawn burial section:
• Low profile granite desks with
bronze or granite plaques
• Upright natural stone memorials
• Creatively designed special
Enquiries regarding burial sites and monumentation in Caroline Gardens should be made to the cemetery office.